Explore how using drama strategies will help children experience and engage with stories in rich and imaginative ways.
This module provides examples of creating engagement with children through drama by using sound effects, props, movement, and role play. The included resources start with demonstrations using sound and simple props and then progress to more elaborate uses of props and costumes.
Included Resources and Experiences:
- Imaginary Travel: Enhancing Dramatic Role Play through Sound
- Imaginary Travel: Establishing Setting with Props and Role Play
- I Have a Box: Exploring Setting and Characterization
- Coffee Can Theater: Tutorial
- Teacher in Role: Transitioning in and out of Character
Download 'Creating Engaging Drama - Learning Module Documentation' (linked below videos) for details on how to use the content supplied in this module.
Download Coffee Can Theater Tutorial.pdf (452.86 KB)
Download Magic Sound 1 by Freesound Artists.mp3 (103.62 KB)
Download Magic Sound 2 by Freesound Artists.mp3 (109.32 KB)